Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Moving

I hate the physicality of moving one's possessions. It's a pain in the you-know-what!

I like moving to a different city...it's an adventure.

I hate moving b/c it costs time and more importantly money.

2-1 against. I hate moving.

Moved from Perrysburg (Toledo) to Huron OH, about 45 miles west of Cleveland.

I am now 60 miles east of Toledo. Meaning I can commute there if needed.

The move is complete. Took the moving company, ABC Movers of Toledo, almost 12 hours, including the one hour drive here and back. Gotta pay for the drive time as well.

Three guys, two trucks. A 23 footer and a 16 foot. What does this mean?

My wife and I have too much crap! Two people with no kids should NOT have this much stuff.

Needless to say as we unpack we are staging things off to the side for a garage sale Saturday October 25th, weather permitting.

I will be selling pretty much every cd and dvd I own. With everything being downloadable these days I can replace whatever I sell at ease and for less than I originally paid for the hard copy version.

Lots of clothing to be had.

I must have 8-10 boxes marked "radio". Gotta go through it and see what can be purged. Or ripped to a hard drive first, then purged at the sale.



The home studio is back together....not quite liking the setup at the new place as I did the old....but I can adapt and overcome (thank you USMC training).

Except...the either the floor is leaning to the right... or my computer desk has about had it and is leaning. Can't tell. I think it's the desk and floor both.

Ideally we're in this house for 10-12 months, then either we land contract this one....b/c we both hate moving... we buy a house locally....or my wife gets a gig at another V.A. location, preferably Wilmington NC.

We'll see.

Until then....Huron OH it is.

Matthews out.

No comments: